WPLMS Multiple Site Setup
WordPress Multisite is a version of WordPress that allows you to run multiple sites off a single installation of WordPress. It makes it possible to run a network of sites under a single WordPress dashboard. You can manage everything including the number of sites, features, themes, and user roles. It is possible to manage hundreds, thousands, and even millions of sites this way. WordPress Multisite is best used when you are building a network of sites sharing similar functionality.
Multiple Site Setup : Link
Once your WPLMS theme is setup and ready, it is time to create your first course. Although courses can be created from the WordPress Admin (WP Admin) area, we strongly recommend our users to use the intutive front end course creation platform for creating and maintaining courses.
Tip : There is also an option for user guides which would guide you through the course creation process. To enable it simply go to WordPress admin area and click on LMS > Settings and enable the user guided tours. Once you've enabled it, go to your front end profile and click on create course.
To start with your first course simply go to the Course directory and click on the button "create course". You'll be presented with our front end course creation platform. Follow below video tutorial below for detailed overview of course creation.
Front End Course Creation
Note : Every course created using the front end course creation tool must have a name and description to proceed.
Every logged in user in WPLMS is a student whether an administrator or an instructor. So they can pursue courses just like a student. This presents a perfect opportunity to test your own course as a student.
Tip : WPLMS is independent of eCommerce platforms, so it can be connected to any eCommerce platform, by default we are using WooCommerce for selling courses.
WPLMS Student Userflow
WPLMS Non Logged In Userflow
Student management is an integral part of any LMS platform. Sadly very few platforms focus on this area, but unlike others WPLMS has a strong focus on student management for courses.
Manage Student course Status in Wplms
WPLMS add Students to course from Course - Admin
For detail tutorial about student management, follow this : Link
To view statistics, Go to wp-admin > LMS > Statistics. You can download your stats by generating stats reports. This area of Statistics is only accessible to Administrator. The Stats section comprises of 4 further subsections as follows.
- Course statistics : It consists information related to no of courses, no of students enrolled in a course, total no of students taking the course, total number of courses finished by students, total number of quizzes finished by students etc.
- User Statistics : All the vital information regarding User/Student can be seen in this section.This statistics contain information about total students, total active students, total course students, score and average in each course.
- Instructor statistics : An Instructor can view his own statistics as well as users statistics. All the vital information regarding Instructors can be seen in this section. Each Instructor with Number of Courses, number of certificated awarded by instructor, number of badges awarded by instructor and the average score of students in this Instructor's course and total number of students in this Instructors courses. There is only one condition when instructor can also view administrator statistics when instructors have administrators right or an instructor is an admin also.
- Administrator Statistics : All the vital information regarding Administrator can be seen in this section. An Administrator can view instructors statistics but vice versa is not possible.
For detail tutorial about statistics, follow this : Link
Activity recording is one of the most important parts for any LMS platform. You may want to know what is going on in your courses. When a student accessed the course, when he finished and so on. This helps instructors to improve their courses. An instructor can track all users activities through his dashboard > activity.
Activities in WPLMS can be synced with external LRS ( Learning record stores) a concept from TinCan/xAPI where in LMS's are required to send out statements to LRS thus removing the dependency on LMS of instructors for activity tracking.
- User : Track a specific user activity.
- Global : Track all activities.
- Course Activity : Track how many students started the quiz.
WPLMS being a dynamic platform for eLarning can also be converted into a marketplace site. The popular concept "MOOC" (Massive Open Online courses) can be easily acomplished using WPLMS. Many of the top sites using WPLMS are competing with global brand names like Udemy, Coursera, KhanAcademy etc.
Using this feature you can invite other instructors to publish courses on your WPLMS site and then award them with commissions based on every sale for their courses. This way you can get more courses and students in your site and turn your eLearning store into a complete business generating good amount of revenue.
Below video explains how this flow works.
WPLMS Instructor Commissions
Quizzes and Assignments
WPLMS boasts of an incredibly flexible and powerful quizzing system. Quizzes in WPLMS are independent entities unless they're connected to courses. You can even use WPLMS as a quizzing platform and sell quizzes using our free addon plugin.
The quiz in WPLMS supports 10 question types, which can be easily created using the question template creator.
The quizzes can be manually and automatically evaluated, you can also re-evaluated an already evaluated quiz for a student.
WPLMS Manual Quiz Evaluation
Dynamic quizzes, quizzes can select questions randomly from a pool of questions. You can create a quiz wherein the questions are picked from various tags and you can set the marks for each question picked up from the tag.
Quiz scores are visible in form of graphs in the Student Stats widget in the dashboard.
Assignments are like homework where in the user is required to upload documents. The assignment can be timed or unlimited duration. The instructor can select the type of attachment for each assignment and the maximum size of the attachment submitted by the student. Assignments when tied to courses also add into the course evaluation score or grade.
User Touch Points
Set the touch points for student and instructor in wplms and connect with them via these touch points. Touch points are set for getting the notification,message and email when they are triggered. To enable these touch points, go to wp-admin > LMS > Settings > Touch Points. You can set these touch points individually for students or for instructors as well as for both.
To configure touch points settings, Follow below video tutorial for detailed overview of touch points.
Re-starting setup wizard
In some cases you might be required to restart the setup wizard. First you need to identify that you want to import selected components in your setup or completely clear the site and re-start the setup wizard
To import selected components : follow below steps:
- Login to your WordPress Admin pabnel (WP-Admin)
- Go to WP admin - Appearance - Setup Wizard
- You'll be prompted with a screen which has a blue button "Restart the setup Wizard"
- Click on the button to restart the setup wizard
- Make sure you "Skip the step" which you do not want to repeat
To clear entire site and restart setup wizard : follow below steps:
- Login to your WordPress dashboard
- Go to Plugins - Add New section
- Search for plugin : WP Reset
- Install and activate the plugin
- Now, go to WP admin - Tools - Reset
- Enter the text wp-reset and click on reset.
- This will clear all data from your site and set the starting* WP admin username and password. Starting* wp admin details which you entered while installing your wordpress site.
- Login to your WP admin panel again with your starting credentials
- Go to Appearnce - Themes
- Activate the WPLMS Blank child theme (recommended) or the main WPLMS Theme
- You'll most likely see buddypress activated screen, go to WP Admin - Install WPLMS
- You'll see a button to start the Theme Setup Wizard
- Click on it and the Setup wizard will run again.