Set the touch points for student and instructor in wplms and connect with them via these touch points. Touch points are set for getting the notification,message and email on the following touch points when they triggered.
- Announcements : When the announcement is made the student and instructor get notified by email, notification and message.
- News :Student and instructor get notified by email, notification and message when any news is done.
- Course Subscribed:Student and instructor get the notification , email and message when the course is suscribed to the student.
- User added to Course:Student and instructor get the notification , email and message when the student is added in the course.
- User starts a Course:Student and instructor get the notification , email and message when the student starts the course.
- Course Certificate:Student and instructor get the notification , email and message when the student is assigned/removed with the course certificate.
- Course Badge:Student and instructor get the notification , email and message when the student is assigned/removed with the course badge.
- Course Reset by Instructor:Student and instructor get the notification , email and message when course is reset by the instructor.
- Course Retake by User:Student and instructor get the notification , email and message when the student retakes the course.
- Course Submit:Student and instructor get the notification , email and message when the student submit the course.
- Course Evaluation:Student and instructor get the notification , email and message when the student submit the course for evaluation.
- Course Reviews:Student and instructor get the notification , email and message when the student or instructor writes the review in the course.
- Unsubscribe Course:Student and instructor get the notification , email and message when the student is unsubscribe from the course.
- Unit marked complete by User:Student and instructor get the notification , email and message when the student marks the unit complete and move to the next unit.
- Unit marked incomplete by Instructor for Student:Student and instructor get the notification , email and message when an instructor marks the unit incomplete for the student.
- Unit marked complete by Instructor for Student:Student and instructor get the notification , email and message when an instructor marks the unit complete for the student.
- Unit comment added by User:Student and instructor get the notification , email and message when the student add note or discussion comment in units.
- Quiz Start by user:Student and instructor get the notification , email and message when the student starts the quiz.
- Quiz Submitted by user:Student and instructor get the notification , email and message when the student submit the quiz.
- Quiz Reset by Instructor:Student and instructor get the notification , email and message when the quiz is reset by the instructor.
- Quiz Retake by User:Student and instructor get the notification , email and message when the student retake the quiz.
- Quiz Evaluation:Student and instructor get the notification , email and message when the student submit the quixz for evaluation.
- Assignment Start by user:Student and instructor get the notification , email and message when the student starts the assignment.
- Assignment Submitted by user:Student and instructor get the notification , email and message when the student submit the assignment.
- Assignment Evaluation:Student and instructor get the notification , email and message when the student submit the assignment for evaluation.
- Assignment Reset By Instructor: Student and instructor get the notification , email and message when tan instructor reset the assignment for student.
- Student Appplied For Course:Student and instructor get the notification , email and message when the student apply for a course.
- Instructor approves/rejects user application:Student and instructor get the notification , email and message when an instructor approves/rejects user application.
- Instructor Publishes a Course or Sends for Approval:Student and instructor get the notification , email and message when an instructor publishes a course or sends for approval.
[Note] : Learning Path Touch Points will be visible only when wplms Learning Path Plugin is activated.
- Student Enrolled in LearningPath:Student and instructor get the notification , email and message when the student enrolled in LearningPath.
- Student Enrolled out from LearningPath:Student and instructor get the notification , email and message when the student enrolled out from LearningPath.
- Student Completed a step in LearningPath:Student and instructor get the notification , email and message when the student completed a step in LearningPath.
- Student got Badge in LearningPath:Student and instructor get the notification , email and message when the student got a badge in LearningPath.
- Student got Certificate in LearningPath:Student and instructor get the notification , email and message when the student got a certificate in LearningPath.
All the email templates are now migrated to buddypress email template. Here you can set the from and email address from which the email will be sent. Also you can edit the email template from the buddypress emails when you click on edit email template.
- Set "From" name, this is the name from which the email will be sent.
- Set "From" email, from which the email is to be sent.
- You can edit the contact Form Email.
- You can edit the activation Email.
- You can edit the forgot password Email.
- Set the Drip feed email when the unit or section will be available. Enable/disable the drip feed email,schedule the email time i.e schedule the time when the unit or section will be available for example:before 12 hours of availablity,set the subject and message that is to be sent in email.
- Set the course expiry email. Enable/disable the course expiry email,schedule the email time i.e schedule the email time when the course will be expired for example:before 12 hours of expiry,set the subject and message that is to be sent in email.
- Set the inactivity email. Enable/disable the user inactivity email,schedule the email time i.e schedule the email time when the user is inactive on the website, for example:you set the inactivity email time to 30, this means the users who are inactive for more than 30 days will be sent the email. Refer the tutorial : Schedule Email for Inactive Users
- Schedule Course Review Email. Enable/disable the schedule course review email i.e. email students when the course is finished and the user has not given any review to the course.
- You can check which emails are scheduled in your website to be sent.
Refer the full video tutorial : Touch Points
Course Creation Module
In this module, you'll learn about full course creation module including adding unit, unit creation, questions creation, creating assignments, creating events, etc.
Adding a New Question
- Login to Admin Panel. Go to LMS section and click on All Questions.
- Now click on Add New button.
- Now fill in the reference name of the question like “Maths Quiz1 Question1″ etc, naming your question helps in putting up questions together while making a quiz. After naming, enter the question in the editor area.
- Question Type: Select question type here. You can select from Multiple Choice (Select one from options), Multiple Correct(There can be multiple answers), Select Drop down, Fill in the blank, Match answers, Sort answers, Small Text(One Word or Sentence), Large Text(Essay Type Questions).
- Question Options : Enter option by clicking on Add More. You can arrange the order of the options by dragging the small arrow button(in blue) on left hand side of the option number.
- Correct Answer: For Single/ Multiple choice, enter the correct answer choice number and separated by comma in case of multiple answers. In case of Small Text, enter the full complete answer in the space given. This would help the instructor to evaluate quiz after it is completed and submitted by the student.
- Answer Hint :Add a hint or clue to show to students.
- Answer Explanation :Add an explanation for your answer.
- Title Background Image :Add a background Image for your title which gives you better look and feel.
- Finishing Question : Add a question tag for your question and publish.
Adding a New Quiz
- Login to Admin Panel. Go to LMS section and click on All Quizes.
- Now click on Add New button.
- Now fill in the details like Quiz Name in the heading of the post, and the instructions or any other information like type and questions you want to tell users before they head for the quiz in the editor area. The editor area is same as that for posts, pages and supports WordPress native audio and videos.
- Quiz Subtitle: Enter a subtitle of the quiz here. The description comes below the Quiz name.
- Connected Course : The courses connected with that particular quiz.
- Quiz Duration: Select the total duration of the quiz in minutes. The time will set accordingly in the timer.
- Quiz Duration Parameter :Selects the parameter for duration(minutes, seconds etc).
- Auto Evaluate Results :As soon as quiz is completed, results are evaluated.
- Post Quiz Message :The message box appears after the quiz has been completed by the students.
- Add Check Answer Switch :Instantly check answer answer when question is marked.
- Dynamic Quiz :Dynamic quiz automatically selects questions.Tutorial
- Dynamic Quiz Question Tags :Select Question tags from where questions will be selected for the quiz.(required if dynamic enabled)
- Randomize Quiz Questions :Random Question sequence for every quiz.
- Quiz Questions :Add the quiz questions here. The question here appears from the All questions that has been created by the instructor. Since the question database is common so the column shows all the questions created by all the instructors. So, it is very important to give a meaningful and identifiable question name while creating a question.
- Title Background Image :Add a background Image for your title which gives you better look and feel.
Adding a New Unit
- Login to Admin Panel. Go to LMS section and click on All units.
- Now click on Add New button.
- Now fill in the details like Unit Name in the heading of the post, and the instructions or any other information like type and questions you want to tell users before they head for the quiz in the editor area. The editor area is same as that for posts, pages and supports WordPress native audio and videos.
- Unit Description: Enter a small list/description of the unit here. The description comes below the heading of the Unit.
- Unit Type: Select unit type from General(Simple Text Unit) , Audio, Video or Podcast. Selecting the unit type comes handy in course curriculum where the unit icons are shown based on this selection i.e. in case of a video unit, a video icon will be shown along with the unit name in the course curriculum.
- Free Unit: Select Free Unit Show or Hide. Show option makes the Unit as free and allow users to see the unit for non logged in users before purchasing the course.
- Unit Duration: Enter the estimate of the duration of the course in Minutes.
- Unit Duration Parameter: Selects the parameter for duration(minutes, seconds etc).
- Unit Forum: BbPress Forum can be connected to an individual unit from here. Select the Unit forum or Course Forum or any other forum instructor wish to connect with this Unit. Forums are useful for instructor and students interaction, clearing the doubts and creating a social connection within the group opting the course.
- Connect Assignments: Add assignments in a particular unit for students.
- Attachments: Add attachments, so students can view and download thise attachments from the unit.
- Link for Playground: Put Link on Playground Button
- Access Date: Date on which unit is accessible.
- Access Time: Time after which unit is accessible.
- Title Background Image: Add background image for title.
Description Assignments are an integral part of course which represent homework or offline work job which require a longer duration of time in days and are manually evaluated by instructors.
- Assignments are like questions with timer and upload functionality.
- The assignment timer runs for days
- The assignments are manually evaluated by instructor.
- The assignments can be connected to a Unit or an Event.
- Assignment can also be included in courses for course evaluation, that is when the course is evaluated the cumulative percentage of all the quizzes and assignments will be calculated for auto-eveluate courses. For manual evaluation, assignment marks will be shown along with quiz marks for grading purpose.
- Login to Admin Panel
- Go to LMS section and click on All Assignments
- Now click on Add New
- Now fill in the details like Assignment Name in the heading of the post, and the question of the assignment. The question can include multimedia like images, audio and videos.
- Assignment Sub-title: Enter a sub-title for the assignment. Sub title is an important description text shown below the Assignment title.
- Sidebar: Select a sidebar which appears below the timer.
- Assignment Max-Marks: Marks for assignment, required if you're adding the assignment in a course for evaluation.
- Assignment Maximum Time limit ( Days ): Set the maximum time for the assignment timer. The assignment is automatically submitted when the timer expires.
- Assignment Duration parameter:
- Include in Course Evaluation: If set to yes, assignment marks will be included in course for calculating cumulative percentage based on which badges and certificates are awarded to students.
- Include in Course: Include this assignment in a course.
- Assignment Submissions: Select a Assignment submissions type. Upload file or text only.
- Attachment Type: If Assignment submission is "upload file" then select permissible attachment types. This is an important setting as it detects the type of file uploaded and secures the upload functionality. This functionality however requires few functions to be installed in the server, if you've seen the notification on assignments and you want to use the upload functionality you need to contact your webhost to enable these functions.
- Attachment Size (in MB): limit the maximum attachment size but size should be less than 20mb.
Creating a New Event
- First, you'll need EventOn Plugin.
- To create Events, Login to Admin Panel > Events > Add Event
- Now fill in the details like Event Name in the heading of the post.
- Event Subtitle : Add your event subtitle. Sub title is an important description text shown below the Event Title
- Time & Date :Select the event start date and event end date. You can also set it as a all day event or a repeating event.
- Location & Venue :Add Location and venue of events. An instructor can set location information will be visible only to logged in users, generate google maps from location address, show location information over location image.
- Organizer :An instructor can create a new organizer or add an existing one.
- WPLMS Courses :select from published course on which events should be visible.
- WPLMS Course Batch :choose a course batch
- Select event color.
- Select an event image and publish your events.
A course is said to be complete, after units, quizzes are added to it.Follow the steps to create a course.
Adding a New Course
- Login to Admin Panel
- Go to LMS section and click on All Courses
- Now click on Add New
- Now fill in the details like Course Name in the heading of the post, and the description for the course. The course can include multimedia like images, audio and videos.
- Sidebar: Select the sidebar you want to place in the course page. Sidebars are created in the section Appearance->Widgets by the administrator.
- Total Duration of Course: Total duration of the course is the total time for which the student can access the course by logging into the site. After the duration has expired, the user will not be able to view the course content.
- Course Duration Parameter: Set the duration parameter for course.
- Total Number of Students in Course: Initially while creating the course the number of students is set to 0.
- Unit Completion Lock: Previous Units/Quiz must be Complete before next unit/quiz access
- Offline Course: Make this an Offline Course
- Show Unit Content in curriculum: Display units content in Course Curriculum, unit content visible in curriculum. ( Recommended for Offline Courses )
- Hide Course Button After Subscription: Hide Start Course/Continue Course button after Course is subscribed by user. ( Recommended for Offline Courses)
- Display Course Progress on Course home : Display a progress bar on your coures home page.
- Time based Course Progress : Automatically generate course progress based on duration (number of months/weeks/days/hours) passed in course
- Post Course Reviews from Course Home : Allow subscribed users to post Course reviews from Course home page.
- Auto Evaluation : Evalute Courses based on Quizzes scores available in Course.
- Course Start Date : Date from which Course Begin
- Maximum Students in Course : Maximum number of students who can pursue the course at a time.
- Excellence Badge: The badges are given on completion of the course and after achieving a certain percentage in the quiz i.e. the Badge Percentage which can be adjusted in the next setting. It is not necessary that every course taker will get the badge.
- Badge Percentage: This is the minimum percentage required by the students to have a badge for the course.
- Badge Title: You can set the title for the badge given after completion of the course like for a Maths course, you can set the title as Maths Champion which a student will get only after receiving the Badge Percentage .
- Completion Certificate: If set Show, after the course is completed each student who passes the course will get this certificate of completion which is printable as well as downloadable. You can design the certificate according to your requirements.Follow the tutorial in the relevant section.Even after the course has expired the student can log in and view/print/download her certificate of completion.
- Certificate Template: Select certificate template of your own choice.
- Passing Percentage: The minimum percentage required to pass the course.
- Drip Feed: Enable Drip Feed Course. Drip Feed is available in WPLMS wherein a course instructor can set duration between two successive course elements such as sections and units.
Refer the tutorial :Drip Feed Content Types in WPLMS
- Course Starting Time as Drip Feed Origin: Drip feed time calculation from Course starting date/time vs previous unit access date/time (default)
- Section Drip Feed: Enable Section Drip feed
- Drip Duration as Unit Duration: Assume Drip duration same as Unit Duration. Duration between consecutive units
- Drip Feed Duration (Static): Static duration, if Drip duration not equals Unit duration. This is the duration between consecutive Drip feed units (in Days)
- Drip Duration parameter: The minimum percentage required to pass the course.
- Course Curriculum : This setting help the instructor to create the curriculum of the course by arranging the units, quiz and categorizing it in sections. Add Section enables the instructor to add a section and name it. Add Unit enables the instructor to add units which has been created earlier. The units can further be arranged under different by dragging and dropping. Add Quiz allows the instructor to add quiz after unit , section or anywhere the instructor wish to place the quiz. All the three i.e Section, Unit, Quiz are draggable and can be arranged likewise.
- Prerequisite Course : This is the pre requisite of doing the course i.e. if some course is selected , then that course must be finished before taking this new course.
- Course Retakes :Set the number of times student can retake the course.
- Course Forums :Connect your own created course forums with the courses
- Course Group :Connect your courses with the group.
- Course Specific Instructions :Some specific instructions you want to instruct to your students before starting the course.
- Course Completion Message :Display message after course completion.
- Force Batch Enrollment :If it is enabled the Student must be enrolled in a batch to pursue this course.
- Batch Display :Set style to display your batches for students.
- Hide Expired Batches :Hide expired batches from course page.
- Title Background Image :You can set a background image for your title.
Course Membership(included below course settings)
- Free Course : Instructor can set his course free for all members.
- Make First Section Free : Allows users to start the course for free, but can only see first section for free
- Apply For Course : Students are required to Apply for course and instructor would manually approve them to course. Do not enable "Free" course with this setting.
- PMPro Membership : Required Membership level for this course. What is PMPro Membership :Link(Refer Memberships Feature)
- Associated Product :Associate a product with your course.
- MyCred Points :If an user enable this setting then user need MyCred Points to take this course.
- MyCred Subscription :Enable Subscription mode for this course.
- Subscription Duration :Set Time Duration for subscription products.
- Points Duration Parameter :Subscription Duration Parameter.
- Add featured image to the course in the right hand side of this page. This image is the main image of your course which appears in the course directory, home page etc.
- Add categories to the course. Then Publish your course.
Creating Testimonials: A Testimonial consists of a person's written or spoken statement extolling the virtue of a product.
How to create testimonials?
- Go to wp-admin > Testimonials > Add New
- Set the title of Testimonial, content, Featured Image, Author Name, and Designation. Using Page Builder settings you can also set these testimonials to show in a carousel on your home page.
- you can even show these testimonials in a sidebar using widgets
Creating Groups: Groups in BuddyPress are gatherings of members, posts, and any other user-generated content. If enabled by the site administrator, any member can create a group in BuddyPress. When a member creates a group, this person automatically becomes the group administrator. Group administrators can also approve requests to join the private group, invite friends to congregate within a hidden group, establish communications among members, extend privileges to other members, and enable new features (such as Group Forums if enabled by Super Admin) among others.
- Go to wp-admin > Groups > Add New
- The creator of the group can create Public group, Private Group or even Hidden group
- Before Creating a Group, first enable the User group From wp-admin > settings > Components > User Groups
- Read More about Groups -> BuddyPress Groups
Creating Forums: This Forum feature in wplms allow the instructors to create forums. An administrator/instructor can connect these forums with their courses. A forum has some forum attributes which are:
Read more about Forums: BBPress Forum
- Type: choose the type as forum or category
- Status: open, closed
- Visibility: Public, Private, Hidden
Tutorial: Course Forum Privacy Feature
Tip : Sometimes your course appears as "Private", This happens while creating course an instructor set the course as a paid course and not associate any product with it.
Front End Course Creation/Editing
Front End course creation and editing allows instructors to edit course contents from the front end. Almost everything which can be done from the backend can be done form the front end. The front end course creation automatically creates and connects the necessary linkages between a course, a unit, a quiz, a product, groups and forums, thereby making course creation process a lot simpler and easier to maintain.
Create CourseIn this step a new course is created. This new course is in draft state.
- Course Title Delete the existing test and enter a suitable title for the course.
- Course Category Select a Course Category, in case you want to add a new category, select new category and enter the new course category name.
- Course Image Select a Course thumbnail image. This image is used in course snapshot and single course page.
- Course Description Enter a short description of the course. This is a two line description shown below the course title. This description is also used in creating new groups and forums. The main description and content of the Course can be added later on by simply editing the course form the front end.
- Change Course Status Enter the status of the course offline or online .
Note:A Offline Course is not visible to students in the course directory.
Create SettingsThese are vital settings for the course, which needs to be configured.
- Number of Seats Enter Number of seats for the course. The Seats comprise of students currently taking the course. Once the seats are filled, a new student would not be able to join the Course.
- Start Date Set a Start date of the course. If set to a future date, the Course begins when the Start date arrives, that is student will be able to join the course only after the start date.
- Course Group Connect a group, if creating a new course it is recommended that you create a new group for the course. By default the group created is a private group only accessible to students taking the course.
- Course Retakes Enter number of retakes a student can make of that particular course
- Course Forum Connect a forum, if creating a new course it is recommended that you connect the group forum for the course.This will create a private group forum for the above group only accessible to students taking the course and in the group.
- Course Completion message Enter a Completion message, which is shown to user when the user finishes the course or submits the course for evaluation.
- ADD SECTION Add a new section in the curriculum. Clicking this button would add a Text box in the curriculum section. Enter the section title in the box.
- ADD UNIT Add a unit in the curriculum. Clicking this button would add a select box showing all the units. If instructor privacy is enabled then all the units created by instructor will be shown in the select box. To add a new unit select "Add New Unit" in the select box, which will show a input box. Enter the title of the unit in the input box and select Publish from the dropdown beside the unit. Once published the unit will be published and the dropdown controls will now show edit unit. Clicking on edit in the dropdown controls would take the user to the unit editing screen. Clicking on Delete would remove the unit from the databse. Clicking on remove will remove the unit form the curriculum.
- ADD QUIZ Add a Quiz in the curriculum. Clicking this button would add a select box showing all the quizzes. If instructor privacy is enabled then all the quizzes created by instructor will be shown in the select box. To add a new quiz select "Add New Quiz" in the select box, which will show a input box. Enter the title of the Quiz in the input box and select Publish from the dropdown beside the unit.Once published the quiz will be published and the dropdown controls will now show edit quiz. Clicking on edit in the dropdown controls would take the user to the quiz editing screen. Clicking on Delete would remove the quiz from the databse. Clicking on "remove" will remove the quiz form the curriculum.
- Save Curriculum Unless the Course curriculum is saved, the new units created and added are not a part of the course curriculum.
- Free Course Set the course as Free. A free is available to all students accessing the course.
- Set a Course Product
- Select an existing product if instructor want to sell the course as a combination of courses.
- Select "No Product" to keep the course as private and manually control the Students for course
- Select "ADD NEW PRODUCT" to create a new product and set the mode and pricing. If mode is set to subscription set the duration of subscription in days. If subscription is not enabled then the subscription duration is set as course duration. When a student purchases a course the subscription duration is set for the student. The access to the course is limited by subscription duration of the course, post which the course goes into expired state and student has to re purchase a course product to continue with the course again.
Publish Course Publish the course. If Administrator has given access to publish the course then the course will be published, otherwise it will go into pending state, which the administrator needs to manually check and turn the status to Published.
Units can be edited from the Course Curriculum unit controls or directly from the Edit Page control in the WP Admin bar.
- When the unit is in edit mode, the content can be directly added in the unit using the front end interface.
- Unit settings need to be saved first before clicking on update the unit content.
- Unit settings
- Unit Type Select a unit type. This shows a symbol in the course curriculum corresponding to units.
- Make Unit Free Set a unit free. A Free unit is accessible to the world, including non-registered members and search engine bots.
- Duration of unit Set a suggestive duration of a unit. Only for display purpose.
- Connect Assignment Connect an assignment to a unit or create a new one.
- Connect a Forum Connect a forum with the unit or create a new one in the course forum.
Quiz can be edited from the Course Curriculum Quiz controls or directly from the Edit Page control in the WP Admin bar.
- When the Quiz is in edit mode, the Quiz instructions content can be directly added in the unit using the front end interface.
- Quiz settings need to be saved first before clicking on update the unit content.
- Quiz settings
- Quiz Subtitle Enter a sub-title for quiz. This sub-title is shown below quiz title.
- Connected Course Optionally select a connected course. Once connected the quiz will show a back to course button.
- Quiz Duration Set a duration of the quiz. This duration sets the timer.
- Quiz Evaluation Set quiz evaluation mode, automatic or manual. If set to automatic make sure all question types adhere to the settings done in Options panel -> Course manager -> Auto evaluate question types.
- Quiz Retakes Set quiz re-takes this allows student to retake a quiz
- Quiz Completion message Set a completion message. This message is shown to the user when user submits the quiz.
- MANAGE QUIZ QUESTIONS :Use this section to manage questions in the quiz.
- ADD Question Add Question using this button. A select box with questions will appear. If instructor privacy is enabled then all question created by instructor will be shown in the dropdown.
Questions can be edited from the quiz timeline or by adding ?edit in the Question link. Once a question is in edit mode, it'll show question settings.
- Question Type : Select the question type our of following option types.
- Multiple Choice Single Answer : Requies options and only one choice can be marked as answer. Correct answer is entered as a single number like 1. Or simply by clicking on the option number.
- Multiple Choice Multiple Answer : Requires options and multiple choices can be marked as answer. Correct answer is marked as multiple choice number saperated by comma as 1,2. Or simply by clicking on the option numbers.
- Sort Answers : Requires options and the order of options to be marked as answers like : 1,2,3,4
- Single line text : Does not require options, correct answer needs to be marked
- Multi Line text :
- Add Options : Clicking on this button adds a new option with text input box. The text box acts as the option holder.
- Correct Answer : The correct answer for a question. If the quiz is auto evaluation mode, it needs to be configured properly. For multiple choice question it is suggested to click on option number to fill the correct answer
Assignments can be edited from the "Edit Assignments" link in the edit unit page or directly by adding ?edit to the assignment URL. Once in edit mode, it will show following settings :
- Subtitle : Enter a assignment Subtitle.
- Assignment Maximum Marks : Enter Maximum marks for assignment.
- Assignment Duration : Assignment Duration in days. Assignment counter end automatically submits the assignment for evaluation.
- Include in Evaluation : Include this assignment in a course evaluation. If selected, marks of students in this assignment will be included in evaluation of a course. This also restricts students from viewing full assignment. Only students subscribed to the associated course can view the assignment details when they click on start assignment button and the timer starts.
- Assignment Course : Select a course to which the assignment should be connected. Only applicable if Include in Evaluation is set to yes.
- Submission type : Select submission type from Upload or Textarea.
- Attachment type : Select allowed Attachment types, if submission type is set to upload.
After creating courses Instructor manages the courses. There are various function available to manage courses in the Theme. A course is Managed from the Admin section in Course page.
- After the Student has submitted the Course.
- The Course submissions can be loacted in the Course Admin -> Submissions -> Course Submissions section.
- If for any reason the Instructor needs to reset the course for the user then she can click the Reset Course for User option.
- To Evaluate the course, Instructor clicks on Evaluate icon and the Evaluation screen opens.
- Evaluation screen shows, the all the units in the course, and their completion status, it also shows the marks obtained in the Quizes in the course.
- To give marks to Instructor enters marks from 100 in the marks column and marks Course as evaluated.
- As soon as this button is pressed the user gets a notification and message with the Course Results.
If the Course percentage is above Badge percentage then the user recieves a Badge, if the Course percentage is above the passing percentage then the user recieves a completion certificate.
- An Instructor can reset the full course for any student. This will have to start the course again from the very begining. This can be done form the Course -> Admin screen.
- An Instructor can remove any student from the Course. The student will have to Purchase the course again to take the course. This can be done form the Course -> Admin screen.
An Instructor can send mass message to the students taking the course.This can be done form the Course -> Admin -> Members screen.
Course Administrator is a person who created the course. It may be the instructor also. From course admin area, an admin can perform various tasks for a particular user or for all users by marking the checkbox of that user. Course Admin Section is categorized into three subsections.
- Members : Through this section, an administrator can reset course for users, see course statistics for user, see user activity in course, can remove user from that course, send bulk messages, add students to course, assign badges/certificates to student, extend subscriptions for an user, change course status.
- Assign : An administrator can assign and remove course certificates and course badges to student's profile from this section.
- Extend Subscription : An administrator can increase or decrease the no. of days of subscription from this section.
- Send Bulk Message : An administrator can send messages to All students or to selected students from this section.
- Add Student to Course : An administrator can add new students in this course from this section.
- Change Course Status : An administrator can change the status of that course for students from this section.
Path :Go to All Courses > Course > Edit Course > Admin > Members
- Submissionss : Through this section, an administrator can get all the submissions done by user such as quiz submission, course submission, assignment submission etc. An administrator can reset a particular submission(course, quiz, assignment) for a particular student as well as evaluate those submissions.
- Stats : An administrator can view the statistics of the students who enrolled in that course such as average marks obtained by students, number of passed students, number of students who got a badge.
Add Students To course From course admin : Tutorial
Show Students Progress in Course Admin Area : Tutorial
Administrator statistics is present in the WP Admin panel -> LMS -> Statistics section. This area of Statistics is only accessible to Administrator. The Stats section comprises of 6 further subsections as follows.
- Overview comprises of graphical representation of number students starting new courses in the WPLMS.
- Overview shows critical information about the LMS as total number of students, total number of instructors,total number of Courses taken by students, total number of Badges awarded to students and total number of certificates awared to students.
- The graph depicts a growth chart of number of students entering and starting the courses in the site.
- The graph can also be set from a daily graph to a monthly graph to a custom date graph to check the growth levels in particular duration in WPLMS.
Courses : All the vital information regarding courses can be seen in this section. Each course with Number of students in it, number of certificated awared in this course, number of badges awarded in this course and the average score of students in this course.
- Total number of students taking courses.
- Total number of students who have started a course.
- Total number of courses finished by students.
- Total number of units in courses completed by students.
- Total number of quizes finished by students.
Instructors : All the vital information regarding Instructors can be seen in this section. Each Instructor with Number of Courses, number of certificated awared by instructor, number of badges awarded by instructor and the average score of students in this Instructor's course and total number of students in this Instructors courses.
- Total number of courses taught by instructor.
- Total number of students taking instructor's courses.
- Total number of badges awarded by Instructor.
- Total number of certificates awarded by Instructor.
- Average score of Students in courses by Instructor
Students : All the vital information regarding students can be seen in this section. Each student with Number of Courses, with their scores and their averages is visible in this section.
- Total number of students.
- Total active students.
- Total number of course students.
Download Stats : From here you can download stats reports of the selected module. Select the module and then click on "Generate Report" Button.
Assignments : All the vital information regarding assignments can be seen in this section.
- Total number of Assignments
- Total number of Assignments submission by student
- Total number of submissions of a particular assignment.
- Average Percentage of the Assignment
BuddyPress offers a variety of components to promote interaction among students and instructors. BuddyPress is set up as a plugin that can be added to a WordPress site. It’s a large plugin, and it adds a lot of functionality. Users can create and update their profiles, send private messages to one another, befriend and de-friend each other, form and join groups, participate in forum discussions, and more. To enable buddpress settings, Go to WP-Admin > Settings > BuddyPress > ComponentsThere are some core features which are discussed below:
Users can update their profiles from their profile section. They can update their profile photo, update or change their cover image, update about your location and bio.
Activity streams aggregate all of your activities across a BuddyPress installation. Enabled BuddyPress components make use of the activity stream component, which means any sort of activity can be recorded. Blogs posts, new friendships and blog comments are among the most popular activities recorded.
Private messaging allows greater interaction among students.Members can message other people on their friends list as well as reply to received messages. Each member has their own individual Inbox and Sent messages folders as well as a Compose message screen. Members are notified of new messages in three ways:
- By email (if enabled by the user)
- By an incremented number in the notification circle located in the WP Admin Toolbar
- By an incremented number in the Messages tab if the user is on their own profile
Quiz and Course results are sent to users via private messaging, wherein students can directly interact with their instructor on the results.
Every Course taker is added to the course group. There are many useful plugins which can be installed to increase the usability of Groups in LMS. The plugin Group documents enables the Instructor to upload documents, like assignments for the Course group. This is automatically sent to the full course group.
With the forum WPLMS get a lot of interaction features. A Private forum conencted to the Group can be made as the Course forum. This makes the Forum an exclusive club for the Course Members.
BuddyPress Email Migration
There are two email templates present in theme. One is for wplms messages and another one is for buddypress. So it is recommended by wplms theme that all emails templates should be imported to buddypress templates. Buddypress email templates are customizable and it can be customized from wp-admin > Emails > Customize. Through this setting, you can customize your email template according to your own need. These templates can be translated also using Loco Translate Plugin.
WPLMS Email Migration : Tutorial
Migrate All the WPLMS Mail to BuddyPress Again : Tutorial
Manage Student Course Status
Instructor view Student Results
Assignment Creation & User Flow